12.16.2010

cleaning out drawers and organizing jewelry leads to..

memories. of the utmost important kind.
This morning I was taken back 7+ years ago, when Shawn and I met, our love,
how it grew, blossomed. Shawn and Julie. Just us. New love.
Young'uns. Childless.
It's been a whirl win of 7 years of marriage..
I wouldn't take it back, change it, wish of anything different.
We've fought, oh have we had some fights, we're ridiculously stubborn, opposites, selfish and then some..we've been through flood(s), been to court with family, changed church families, waved good bye to friends, surviv(ing) being a one income family, living in an money pit of an old home. but we're positive and making memories!
We've birthed three little ones and one the way ( April '11) 4!! beautiful babies into the world.
A piece of him, a little piece of me.
One.. then two.. three and four.. gifts from God.
These are some photos of "love" notes, "uuuuuuuu-uuuuuu" that Shawn wrote to me in the beginning.
I save them in this little book that a necklace came in. ( from the dollar store 2002 )
The story behind the ring with the green jewel. Shawn got it out of one of those toy capsule vending machine thingies.. and jokingly he asked me to be his wife.



I giggled, a lot. my face turned red. i squinted. of course, i didn't have to answer.
You know how when you're younger well i was 19, but us girls you know how some of us think and get all giddy. Giddy because Hello? My favorite color is green, always has been!
You know how it goes with coincidences. Clearly we were meant for each other, uh duh!
I still have that ring, see?


These things just make me happy. The Notes, I love to get out and read every so often.
That time in my life was the first time that anyone every truly loved me. Needed me. and wanted to see our relationship grow beyond just dating. For real, someone loved me, and if you know me that growing up, that was and is a big deal!
Those notes prove and show the beginning of our love and how two people fell in love, and now are family of six. It's just a wonderful thing.
Just thought I would share. We are SO NOT perfect, but we have rough days, but we also enjoy a lot of wonderful days!








and i have to share this:
I looove this:
So Maive Alisabeth was 3 weeks old Valentines day 2008.
The night before, being a mother of newborn you are on "alert" and i woke up to Shawn stirring through our bedroom. I asked him what was that matter, the baby?
He told me no worries he wanted to check on her, and get something to drink.
I tried to get back to sleep but felt urgency to check on this little peanut


I came into her room to him bent over kissing her in her bassinet as she peacefully slept in the sweet pink light.
We got something to drink and he headed up to bed, I went back into check on her again ( you mom's know how that goes.. at least I do.. I always have to gaze upon that heavenly cuteness one laaast time, in hopes of it embedding itself clearly forever in my mind )
and there was this red box with white bow. right next to her..
My hubby was soo very sneaky that night.
I cried.
yeah, hormones, but mostly sweetness, appreciation, surprise and a little bit of guilt to. :)
He got me this.



I had sooo been wanting this for about two years. Saw it in an add from a catalog called
Red Envelope
Oh man oh man!
When little Pippa comes in April, it will be complete ( not planned that way ) but so exciting!
I just love our love, my love, HIS love, their love. I love the love in our home.
Jesus knows me this I love. I'm thankful for the utmost prayers of my heart have been answered. So grateful. So worth it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

the picture of "baby" Maive with the doll. I melt. Aiva who was three at the time used to tuck her fave doll in with sissy at night. i would walk in to find her just before bed time, ever so gently tucking her in, so careful as to not wake Little "M".. aww.. man! :)

Tiffany said...

Oh, Julie. This is absolutely beautiful!! You are blessed.