7.24.2009

the crunching under foot.

"Roseeta" will be making her monthly uninvited appearance very soon and I am so determined to just defy all that intales. I become the most miserable creature you could meet.
Stick me under the bridge and call me a troll.
I feel like just burrittoing myself up and going to bed for 5 days, I dont want to be talked to, I dont want to talk,
snuggle, dont touch me, and I am a horrible whiner if I do venture into social civilization.
I am a hermit.
Then Roseeta starts packing up to leave again and Julie,mom.wife.photographer.homemaker.giverofhugs
and all that includes the mothering delights returns.
NO.
This will not be the miserable Julie that will wake up in the morning
and suddenly be kidnapped. I will wake up that morning, and have defiant joy, no matter how tired,
headachey, impatient, irritable, or wiped out I am..
I will semi-bounce from bed, and embrace the and my three blessings.
I promise!
I will!
OK so yeah, as you can tell I didnt have anything too important to write to you about, I'm just not tired, and anxious for that time of the month.
I HATE IT.
I just hate how i feel for like 12 days..
But, to escape into the oncoming pictures.
OH I LOVE IT. Makes me want to pick up Emerson's writings.
I just love the woods. and water.
I love how when you go for a hike, suddenly you feel like you could be the only one for miles, the world seems so clean and fresh and all
is right and well with it.
I am an odd one and I just feel so safe in the woods, and at home.
I know I probably shouldnt, with bear, mountain lion, coyotes and other creature
about, but that never worries me.
I just love how your canopied in, all these trees around you,
you stop look up and it's an unending sky of green leaves waving hello at you.
The sky peak-a-booing you here and there.
its like the largest roof you could have over your head. What are you chicken little,
"the sky is falling?" NO, it's not like that, maybe a little of my Ithacan roots.. maybe psychologically I feel shielded from pollution?
Well, anyways. I love the quiet time, and how close i can feel to God,
how much adoration wells up in my little beating heart.
The smell of the pines, trees, moist grown,
the crunching underfoot, the trickling sounds of the creek.
MMMMMmmm.. i think this is my happy place. I'll most likely be returning here in a few days, my escape and refreshment.
Defiant JOY!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

EP said...

The first picture that you took was incredible. I like how there's like a colour yellow surrounding the picture. It's like the sun's basking on us. =)