7.04.2009

American Independence! not a pictureless post, promise!

So yes, today we celebrate the fourth of July.
To my kids it means.. hmm..
Aiva: The number four.. with a fff to it..and .."Mommy are you saying your name funny?
Note to self: teach Aiva the months again..
Yes, I Julie, Love this day, patriotism, hamburgers, red white and blue pinwheels, flags, summer food, kids playing and wonderful fireworks, kids laughing, sparklers...
I also think of Francis Scott Key writing the Star Spangled banner while imprisoned on a british ship the morning after witnessing the attack on Fort McHenry. Yes I am a history buff.. throughout the night the large flag that stood over Ft. McHenry was still there while rockets and explosions lit the sky. When all was quiet and Dawn crepted forth, there stood the flag still flying..
I think of 9/11
I think of Pilgrims, George Washington and the founding fathers.. I think of abolitionists, the civil war, and many many soldiers, who gave their lives, still living, and yet to embark..
BUT, I also think of our CREATOR.
His Idea of Independence.
I haven't always been grateful to be an American, I've been embarrassed, angry and worry-some of this country's future, but today will be today and I will celebrate how blessed I am to be born here, where I can raise my loved ones and go to bed at night, fearless, and in the arms of my husband.


Isaiah 61 (New Living Translation)
Good News for the Oppressed
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.[a]
2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,[b]
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
3 To all who mourn in Israel,[c]
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
repairing cities destroyed long ago.
They will revive them,
though they have been deserted for many generations.
5 Foreigners will be your servants.
They will feed your flocks
and plow your fields
and tend your vineyards.
6 You will be called priests of the Lord,
ministers of our God.
You will feed on the treasures of the nations
and boast in their riches.
7 Instead of shame and dishonor,
you will enjoy a double share of honor.
You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.

8 “For I, the Lord, love justice.
I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering
and make an everlasting covenant with them.
9 Their descendants will be recognized
and honored among the nations.
Everyone will realize that they are a people
the Lord has blessed.”
10 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!
For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation
and draped me in a robe of righteousness.
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit
or a bride with her jewels.
11 The Sovereign Lord will show his justice to the nations of the world.
Everyone will praise him!
His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring,
with plants springing up everywhere.
My beautiful girls. Our date at the field pickin' flowers and laughing!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: