6.23.2009

A toad

Photobucket
I feel you dude!
Today, I feel soo grumpy and tired. I am squinty bloaded and my cycle starts tomorrow.. on my birthday..
happy birthday to me..
I don't like this part of life. 3 weeks out of the month I'm happy and energetic and nothing can get me down, no migraines, i love life.
This week, the kids seem so loud, rambunctious and destructive. I hate doing dishes twice a day, sweeping the floors, mopping and folding unending piles of laundry.
I want to be like Mr. Toad and hide under a rock.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I feel you Mr. Toad
Maivey reached to pick him up but I freaked because well, Maive likes to squish things in her little hand. Mr toad is safe in our rock wall. Later I think I might go join him.
On a lighter note here are things about me


1. Speaking with a British accent in the morning helps me function, makes me feel smart and sophisticated, and okay.. Sexy, but also it makes Aiva laugh, she’s got great impersonations skills to.. We so dig JO JO from Supernanny.

2.I love deep conversations, ridiculous ones too. Ones where you’re laughing so hard-then you ask, what were we laughing about? Or even talking about for that matter?

3. I have this habit in the morning, I have to smell the scent of lemon before I can pursue the task at hand, which is why I have a lemony scented candle next to my bed.

4. I want to go back to school and become a pediatric nurse, or work with the babies in the NICU!

5. I daydreamed about my husband, then made a list about how I wanted him to look, what his personality would be like, and values,.. I always thought I wouldn’t get married until maybe my early 30’s, but Shawn walked in to my bible study 18 days later after praying over my list. As we walked up the steps into the house I said “NO WAAAY!” and everybody turned…. Yeah my face was red. But my heart was like whoa!
Photobucket
6. I worked for Abercrombie for a wee bit, and I used to get so annoyed with guys wanting to take you our or what not.. so i would pull my "Jesus Card" no disrespect to the J man but it worked..

7. I was born premature and sustained a spinal injury.

8. I wasn’t supposed to walk or ever have feeling below my waist. And I did and do

9. My eggs were fried from countless numbers of X-rays and other tests in an attempt for dr.’s to figure out what this mysterious spot was on my spine. I was told I’d never have kids. And I have THREE!!

10. I used to daydream of a little girl with long blond bouncing curls chasing butterflies and a little redhead with bibs and I hoped this dream would one day be real, even if it meant adopting. I even wrote about it one snowy afternoon on the computer at work… then I got pregnant with my oldest…. This past summer, I sat in our yard watching Aiva chase a little yellow butterfly, and Aidan sat next to me in bibs playing with his truck.. God totally tapped me on the shoulder and smiled in my heart…. And I cried remembering…
* I never dreamt of Maive, but I’m glad I didn’t, she was the best surprise… a newborn with a red Mohawk!

11. I wonder why God loves me so much… to give me all my hearts most desires, and no long waits…. Maybe it was those painful 15 yrs of childhood and still knowing there was something bigger out their watching over me…. Always… hoping..waiting.. trusting.. crying... There is a GOD, and is a blast!

12. I was Homecoming Queen too.. Just no dress or crown,…..damn it!

13. I collect old cameras

14. I twirl my hair or bounce my knee when nervous. And if I’m pondering something I hold my right hand on my right cheek. When I'm scared ( rollercoaster ) I sing That's Amore!
Photobucket
I have alot of freckles!
15. I love to travel, and love to drive fast…. ( w/o kids )

16 I cant afford Adobe Photo Shop, I use Corel Paint Shot and some software I downloaded 2 years ago off shutterfly.com
( but I do now have Adobe Lightroom.. Sooo, I’m moving up! )

17. Is bummed Aidan's school is done, he loves it and talks about it all the time, mostly the other women in his life, his teachers!

18. I actually really miss Montana our Border Collie….

19. My favorite place to be, is in the woods, winter, spring, summer or fall… mostly summer. I love to explore and god always sends me some cool happening, or little treasure.. He always has.

20. My husband and myself rededicated our lives to Christ recently!

21. I thought at 25 I would be a successful photographer living in London, or Boston with a huge studio apt. Huge windows and 2 Great Danes.. And I vowed to never marry….

22. I get excited when we add new books to our kids library and they’re 4 and under.. I cant help it, I love to teach and read…and we read alot in this home, so I get bored memorizing them all. Aiva cant read but she recites them all perfectly.
Photobucket
23. I eat really really unhealthy… it needs to chaaaange!! ( also I end alot of sentences with an operatic flare!)

24. I am not a morning person, but Aidan is slowly changing this..

25. I am grateful to be Shawn Gendron’s wife, and the mother to three healthy beauties, to live in a house* in the country*, have an abundance of food in our home, hot water, soft blankets and a whole lot of love flowing around to each other… this life is all I dreamt it to be, hoped for and is soo much more!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What a treat; I just discovered your blog and was welcomed with an awesome list about you and your life! Thank you for sharing so openly, I can relate to so many of the things you said, especially about being in awe of your blessings and being totally filled with gratitude when you look at your life; that's me too!
I look forward to exploring your blog, stop by mine anytime, it's nothing fancy, just my daily musings and humble photos. :)
Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
Dawn

Laci said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a great day doing whatever makes your heart happy :)
Laci

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday!! :)
I loved your post and I hope you are feeling better. You certainly are a miracle girl and a very beautiful one! Please keep enjoying life as well as you know...

Annabel said...

Happy birthday!!

Jenny (GuppyLovesShark) said...

This is maybe the best blog post I have ever read. I loved it. Your blog is so neat and your pictures are breathtaking! I found you from the Shabby Blogs. Have a great day!